Saturday, September 05, 2026

The Saturday Morning Post: The Mirror Project


Before Blogging, I started posting on Virtual Tourist, and the Mirror Project

I discovered VT when I was searching for tips on visiting Paris for Christmas, and I ended up building several pages on VT with photos and travel information. Efforts to monetize that site failed and it disappeared. 

The Mirror Project posted photos containing the reflection of the photographer. The submissions were screened before posting. I had a couple rejected, and appealed with an explanation of the reflection. The Mirror Project inspired me to look for reflective surfaces and set up photos I could submit. Working towards that theme, gave direction to my work. 

Reflecting on these experiences, having a plan, a theme, gives direction to creativity.  Sometimes creativity is random, but not always. Having a theme, mission, or goal, can focus our creativity. 

What is the current theme of your creativity?  

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. But comments are back working!

      Delete
  2. My theme yesterday for creativity was trying to get the blog back and nothing happened until I went to sleep.
    So, maybe sleep was my theme???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is beyond my control, and sometimes it has a bad day.

      Delete
  3. We're on the same wavelength with our reflective/reflection blog posts today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh, you are better than that, I hope.

      Delete
  5. I've been doing floral cross stitch bookmarks but I've been thinking about doing some quilting again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My theme for my art challenge group is "Power". I haven't started it yet but I know what I'm going to do and it will be a stretch for me.

    ReplyDelete