Sunday, June 17, 2018

Tasty


I read a book a couple of years ago that explained that evolution or human history, predisposes us to crave, fat, sugar, and salt.  Any food that provides these, most of us have a natural liking for.  My forbidden foods posting the other day drew some never me comments (I expected that.) I should create a list of forbidden foods I want to try before I die.  For today, the Sunday five, some simpler food questions. 

1: Eggs, firm or runny yolks? 
2: French fried potatoes, tomato catchup, mayonnaise, or vinegar and salt? (above, poutine eggs Benedict - yum!) 
3: Steak, rare, medium or well done?
4: Shrimp, grilled or fried? 
5: A martini, vodka or gin? 

My answers:
1: Poached eggs, firm or runny yolks? Runny - barely warm.
2: French fried potatoes, tomato catchup, mayonnaise, or vinegar and salt? (above, poutine eggs Benedict - yum!) Any of the above or just salt. 
3: Steak, rare, medium or well done?  Rare - I only learned to enjoy this the last few years - I was raised on over cooked
4: Shrimp, grilled or fried? either 
5: A martini, vodka or gin? Yes please 

Your answers in the comments. 

5 comments:

  1. : Eggs, firm or runny yolks? Eggs Benedict is my favorite.
    2: French fried potatoes, tomato catchup, mayonnaise, or vinegar and salt? I like salt and vinegar first , then catchup
    3: Steak, rare, medium or well done? Rare...more blood the better.
    4: Shrimp, grilled or fried? grilled.
    5: A martini, vodka or gin? GIN IN EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: Eggs, firm or runny yolks? Depends on my mood.
    2: French fried potatoes, tomato catchup, mayonnaise, or vinegar and salt? (above, poutine eggs Benedict - yum!) Only salt... well, sometimes mayo.
    3: Steak, rare, medium or well done? Medium-rare
    4: Shrimp, grilled or fried? Yes
    5: A martini, vodka or gin? Yes

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1: scrambled eggs only

    2: french fries & heinz ketchup (and ONLY heinz)

    3: well done with A1 sauce

    4: both

    5: vodka

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just go with 'yes, please' for all the questions!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Scrambled. Runny yolks if I have toast to dip into them.

    2. French fries with generic catsup, tabasco and salt.

    3. Medium-rare. I like it bloodyish but I don't want it to moo.

    4. Grilled. Fried in a pinch.

    5. Martini, no. I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

    ReplyDelete