Sunday, June 24, 2018

Gay Pride Month - the Sunday Five

Castro Street in San Francisco, one of the most famous gayborhoods in the United States.  June is Gay Pride month.  So let's try five questions:

1: When was the first time you met someone you knew was LGBT?
2: Have you been to a same-sex marriage? 
3: Do you own a rainbow flag? 
4: Have you had the opportunity to vote for an LGBT candidate? 
5: Have you ever taken part in a gay pride parade or protest?

My answers: 
 1: When was the first time you met someone you knew was LGBT? In high school, Phil he is an attorney in the Detroit area now. I was so far in the closet I never said anything, but I was okay hanging out with him. 
2: Have you been to a same-sex marriage?  I don't get invited to many weddings, but I guess mine counts. 
3: Do you own a rainbow flag? A couple of them.
4: Have you had the opportunity to vote for an LGBT candidate?  Yes, a friend in Kentucky - he was in the state Senate and is now a judge. 
5: Have you ever taken part in a gay pride parade or protest? The first was a pride parade or two in Orlando, about 7 years ago I was part of a marriage equality protest march here in DC. 

Your answers in the comments please, 

7 comments:

  1. 1: When was the first time you met someone you knew was LGBT? A friend in high school
    2: Have you been to a same-sex marriage? Just last weekend.
    3: Do you own a rainbow flag? Several
    4: Have you had the opportunity to vote for an LGBT candidate? yes, but we need more.
    5: Have you ever taken part in a gay pride parade or protest? Yes in a protest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: 1991, my husband's BFF rob (aka janey). I would have said my uncle, but I never knew he was gay until 20 years after his death. THAT is how my family is.

    2: not yet; your marriage would have been my first (had I not had other plans made)

    3: 2 small ones from the 1993 DC pride parade

    4: not yet, but looking forward to doing so

    5: 1993 DC pride parade as a supporter

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1: When was the first time you met someone you knew was LGBT? Looking back, it was in elementary school. Didn't know it then but I knew he was "like" me in some way. I found out later he was gay.

    2: Have you been to a same-sex marriage? A couple of them now, including one in ::::gasp:::: South Carolina!

    3: Do you own a rainbow flag? We do! Flies proud.

    4: Have you had the opportunity to vote for an LGBT candidate? Not in SC; and before, in California, Hawaii and Florida, if a candidate was gay, it wasn't known.

    5: Have you ever taken part in a gay pride parade or protest? We marched as a group called The Will of the People in 2014 in Columbia; our group was formed to raise money to pay the legal costs of a lesbian couple, Katherine Bradacs and Tracie Goodwin, suing the state to have the marriage ban overturned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: When was the first time you met someone you knew was LGBT? I really don't know for sure. Growing up in NYC, it wasn't so hidden -- even in the '60s. Maybe one of our neighbors when I was around 11.
    2: Have you been to a same-sex marriage? Yes.
    3: Do you own a rainbow flag? Not now. But we did and we flew them proudly in several places we lived.
    4: Have you had the opportunity to vote for an LGBT candidate? Yes. Happily.
    5: Have you ever taken part in a gay pride parade or protest? Yes. The first was in San Diego as a member of the UCSD contingent. The next year, I marched with the "The Center" where I volunteered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just arrived in San Francisco, caught end of the Pride Parade from or hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete