Saturday, May 05, 2018

That would make for a rather expensive Mint Julep


Happy Kentucky Derby Day!  Unusual planning on my part, I will be on a plane when the race runs this year.  

I am not a big spearmint fan, so I am not overly fond of the traditional Derby Day Drink, the mint-julep.  I do like a peppermint julep (bourbon, and peppermint schnapps shaken with ice and strained.) One of the hotels in Louisville is offering a mint julep made with Pappy Van Winkle and other premium ingredients for an amazing price of $15,000.  The 25 year Pappy above, is available for purchase at $24,000 per bottle.  They only need to find a couple of people willing to pay that.  Let me know if you want to buy it, I will hook you up with the source.  

Do you like a mint julep? 

5 comments:

  1. I've never had a mint julep but I do like spearmint. Those prices are obscene. As if there could possibly be a $20,000 difference in taste between bourbons. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, cause I don't like bourbon. I do like the taste of mint though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may shock you, but I have never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never had one, and now that I know what the ingredients are I never will. I loathe any kind of whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coinky dinky. Balder half and I went to the Outback for lunch and they were featuring Mint Juleps. He ordered one. I think they used the wrong kind of glass, but I could be wrong. He's never had one but he likes whiskey so he ordered it. Me being somewhat adventuresome when it comes to drinks took a very small sip of his. Ak, gag, ptooie! I'll stick with my sissy, girly drinks on the rare occasions that I partake.

    ReplyDelete