Sunday, May 20, 2018

Engaging the Senses - Sunday Five


Sight, Sound, Taste, Touch, Smell. 

1: What do you long to travel to see again? 
2: What sound of travel awakens you? 
3: What have you tasted when traveling, that was never the same anyplace else? 
4: What is the most exotic thing you have touched while traveling? 
5: If I travel to your town, what will I smell? 

My answers: 
1: See - Sunrise over the Atlantic on an eastbound airliner. 
2: Sound - the landing gear going down - at that point we are less then 2-minutes from touchdown. 
3: Taste - a glass of Chianti in Florence, it has never tasted the same anyplace else. 
4: Touched - the moon - a moon rock in the Smithsonian 
5: Smell - for DC, I have to say water, the Potomac River winds along the side of the city.  

Your answers in the comments? 

6 comments:

  1. 1: What do you long to travel to see again? Florence, Italy.
    2: What sound of travel awakens you? Same as you; landing gear.
    3: What have you tasted when traveling, that was never the same anyplace else? Anchovies in Spain, except that now that I live here I don't know if that counts as traveling. Bagels in New York, but then I grew up there.
    4: What is the most exotic thing you have touched while traveling? I can't remember his name.
    5: If I travel to your town, what will I smell? Sea air. The smoke from wood fires cooking fish. Suntan lotion. Orange blossoms. Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: What do you long to travel to see again? Where to start.
    2: What sound of travel awakens you? The regional rail horn will sometimes wake me.

    3: What have you tasted when traveling, that was never the same anyplace else? Steak and beef. Argentina had by far, the best steaks I ever had.

    4: What is the most exotic thing you have touched while traveling? Oh dear.....you can only imagine!!!

    5:If I travel to your town, what will I smell? Probably food being cooked. With so many restaurants and bistros, in Doylestown it's all you smell sometimes. And in new hope bread baking from one of the bakeries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. See- Hawaii and the Grand Canyon.
    2. Sound- Loud mouth birds singing early in the morning when we're camping. Love it!
    3. Taste- Mai Tais in Hawaii. I don't like the taste anywhere else.
    4. Touch- A baby alligator in Florida. Awesome! Balder half in his muu muu matching flowerdy shirt. Does something to me every time!
    5. Smell- Dusty, dusty boredom with a touch of jasmine or cherry blossoms, if the wind is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: the ocean

    2: crashing waves

    3: sassybear's (https://idleeyesandadormy.com) cosmos; NO ONE can duplicate that wonderful taste!

    4: niagara falls

    5: many many different restaurants cooking...or the day-old piss smell in the subway

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1: Family.

    2: The sounds of someplace different from my own.

    3: Pinot Noir from Oregon

    4: A tiger shark while scuba diving off Maui

    5: Pine trees, horses, and history

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1: PEI
    2: The alarm clock
    3: Baco Noir
    4: The tomb of Henry V of England.
    5: alas, the pollution

    ReplyDelete