Friday, December 22, 2017

Every Man Needs a Hobby

When I was a student at Rollins College several of the professors were colorful characters. I was having lunch on Park Avenue one afternoon before class and one of the music professors, Charlie also know as Ms. Piggy, rolled by in an early 1940's Cadillac convertible. About a week later I was sitting there having lunch again (I did this often) and Ms. Piggy rolled by in a 65 Lincoln convertible.  I bumped into him a couple of hours later on campus,  I remarked about the Lincoln and said, "didn't I see you in a Cadillac last week."  He said, "oh yes that was me, ever man needs a hobby."  As he described it, he had a "barn full" of antique cars.  Ms. Piggy was a trust fund baby, a professor at Rollins, and Composer in Residence at a college in Vermont.  His hobby was a little more expensive than my collection of travel pins, "do not disturb" signs (I am disturbed enough) and photography.  

What are your hobbies?  

10 comments:

  1. knitting, books, music, baseball, trains, cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - forgot the shot glass collection from places I've been.

      Delete
  2. I certainly couldn't mention it here!

    No, I'd have to say travel and bird watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to play guitar and piano, swim, hike, kayak, play/coach basketball and tennis, work out at the gym, drink beer (those other hobbies work up a thirst!)

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect dust bunnies and clutter. My balder half, Mufu, collects clutter, dust bunnies and, like Anne Marie, shot glasses from his/our travels. Also coffee mugs from said travels. After all, one needs cubbies for dust bunnies to nest and you can never have too much clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, when I first saw that picture, I thought " Who the hell collects fish as a hobbie?" Duh!

      Delete
  5. Let's see - I used to collect antiques, books, and art but my life got too cluttered.
    I used to obsessively go cruising, but collecting too many guys got complicated.
    Now that I live in the wilderness (in a small house) I mostly stay at home, collecting dust.....and wondering where the hell to put my art collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging, learning words, making soups and BBQ sauces; rolling down grass hills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete