Friday, December 08, 2017

Cross that Bridge When I Get To It


A nice single lane bridge, requiring caution, slowing or stopping to assure that cars are only crossing in one direction.  The warning signs were a mile ahead, and yet I couldn't cross the bridge until I came to it.  It is good to be aware of coming challenges, but you really can't deal with them until the challenge is in front of you.  A lot of us spend now, trying to deal with the challenge of the future, getting in the way of dealing with the challenges of the present.  I will use this bridge as a reminder that I can't cross that bridge until I get to it.  

When was the last time you crossed a one way bridge? 

6 comments:

  1. I have one I go over daily to work....a little old stone bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't think of one. But I remember hearing someone get that expression wrong, "I'll BURN that bridge when I get to it." Knowing him, it was probably true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. been quite a while. we have many single-lane bridges round these parts. including covered bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bridge, looks like a nice place to swim/paddle. In AZ, perhaps?

    There's a small one near my house I cross occasionally; when I'm 'in the country' I see them all the time.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actual bridge? I don't remember ever crossing one. I've crossed hide and seek bridges though. Going into San Francisco is easy. The bridge is right there. Getting out of S.F., on the other hand, is a total nightmare. You can see the stupid bridge, standing strong and tall, and laughing its struts off, because it knows finding the entrance (or whatever the starting point of a bridge is) will be a Twilight Zone like horror! *SHUDDER*
    Metaphorical bridge? Having babies. Married at nineteen and eight months into it I decided I wanted a baby. I actually wanted to see what it was like to be pregnant. It never occurred to me that a baby would actually come from it and we'd be in charge of raising the little critter into a productive member of society! I was book smart but no common sense. Long story longer, that baby will be forty-one and his brother (oops) will be forty in a few months. One way bridge we're happy to have crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so long ago I can't remember

    ReplyDelete