Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A Day With No Plans


I had dinner with Dr. Spo and David (aka Someone) in Scottsdale on a recent trip.  It was great fun.  We had a nice salad and a New York style Pizza.  People who are happy are fun to spend time with.  

Dinner was on Sunday evening. I was leaving town on Tuesday morning.  They asked about my plans for Monday and I honestly answered that I didn't know, I didn't have any plans.  There was a subtle hint that Someone might be available to play tour guide, but I was simply looking forward to a day on my own with no plans.  I had no idea if I wanted to explore the city, go north, go south, or east, or west.  The weather was delightful with lows of about 60 and highs in the 70's. It has been a long time since I had enjoyed an unscripted day. 

On the way back into the hotel that evening I picked up some tourist brochures.  Based on those I decided a day out in the old west would be fun.  I did a search for ghost towns near Phoenix, and decided on Apache Junction for a direction, east of the city - into the mountains and dessert. I went to Goldtown, and found it to be well a ghost town.  Despite the website saying it opened at 9:00 AM, nothing was opening until 10:00.  I wandered around, took a few pictures and went back down the hill to the Lost Dutchman Museum, and wandered around for a while.  I decided to try going up the road a couple of miles, then discovered I was entering the Tonto National Forest.  I decided to drive on a little farther, and I found the landscape of my childhood time in Arizona.  I was in love with the terrain. I drove on to Tortilla Flat for lunch. Then made my way back down.  





At one of the photo stops, I looked at my phone and had an email with paperwork for the sale of Dad's house that needed to be printed, signed and sent back.  I set the GPS unit for the nearest Office Max store, and away I went. I knew the paperwork was coming, but didn't know when, I had decided that I was not going to sit and wait for the paperwork, when the email arrived I would deal with it and I did.  

All in all, it was a delightful and relaxing day.  I had no plan, I did what ever I felt like doing.  It was wonderful.

When was the last time you had a day, with no plans? 

4 comments:

  1. This past Saturday....and you saw where and what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be better to ask me, when was the last time you had a day WITH plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/21/2017

    Great pics. I’d love to live in the desert. No really I would.
    No plan Sundays work for me most weekends.
    JP
    Ps Sorry I haven’t been posting on your site Izvestia had real problems with Blogspot.

    ReplyDelete