Wednesday, November 15, 2017

1966

If I knew then, what I know now, what would I have done differently? 

  • I would have spent less time worrying about making others happy - happiness is an inside deal. 
  • I would have been faster to forgive others - forgiving others frees me from the burden of feeling bad about others actions. 
  • I would have been faster to accept myself - I spent to many years hiding and suppressing parts of my being - it takes so much effort.
  • I would have been faster to move outside of my comfort zone - to take risks - without risk there is less reward. 
  • I would have loosened up those laces - some say I am still wound a little too tightly.  
What would you have done then, if you had known then what you know now? 

5 comments:

  1. The only things I think I would change would be any unkindnesses I might have been responsible for. I'm afraid to change anything else, worrying that it might change the course of the rest of this life. I wouldn't want to change with whom I ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1966 - I was 12. I would have taken spanish in high school instead of french, I would have reported my parents to the police for child abuse, I would have gone to paralegal school instead of college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ten in '66. I don't think I'd change a thing about me. I'd tell somebody about that child molesting great uncle of mine without the fear of being beat for it. Shyness kept me out of a lot of trouble. My mother, that's who I'd change. I've come to terms with the fact that I am fabulous, warts and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1966? I was 2 so I don’t remember.
    1976? I wouldn’t succumb to peer pressure
    1986? I would stand up for myself and say “No”.
    1996? Had I known what I know now? I would have quit drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo! I recognized you right away

    ReplyDelete