Tuesday, October 17, 2017

When Travel for Business is the Business


I travel for work, from time to time, but there are people for whom travel is the work they do.  Airline staff, long distance truck drivers, train crews, and ship crews.  While I generally enjoy traveling for work, would I enjoy it as much if my work was traveling?  Would being away from home over night for work, make me more or less rooted in a place?  Would I look forward to dawn in a new place?  

The picture above, was taken under the Bluewater Bridge.  The bridge connects Port Huron Michigan to Sarnia, Ontario. This is the transition point where Lake Huron empties into the St. Clair River. The current in the river was surprising, in a future post you will see how the bridge gets it's name. 

Have you ever traveled as work? 

6 comments:

  1. I never did travel as work and, like you, wondered if I would like it. I worked with a lot of people who did so and loved it. It helps I think to be young and single.

    ReplyDelete
  2. occasionally in previous jobs; but I like sleeping in my own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place I worked before my current place of employment...constantly. now it's only once in a while to nyc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place I worked before my current place of employment...constantly. now it's only once in a while to nyc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No never traveled for work. I once applied to become a steward and was invited to go to second round interviews at the airlines headquarter City but alas I had just fallen in love and I let love take me. Good thing I chose love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/17/2017

    No. My friend Gary is a flight attendant. His stories would make your hair stand on end.
    JP

    ReplyDelete