Sunday, August 06, 2017

Sunday Five Questions - the dearly departed


My, oh my, I am running short of blog posts.  I must put out, or my fans will go without.  Being out of town for an unplanned week kind of threw me off schedule.  So I will let death inspire this weeks Sunday five. 

1: Have you ever been the first to find the body? 
2: Are you comfortable touching a dead person? 
3: Have you ever made funeral arrangements? 
4: Burial, cremation, crypt - what is your preference? 
5: Have you ever been visited by the dearly departed - other than at a Disney park? 

My answers: 
1: Have you ever been the first to find the body? Just once, my sister checked on dad at 6:30 AM, I checked at 7:00 AM and he was still and silent. 
2: Are you comfortable touching a dead person? I was surprised that I was, I don't think I could do that for a living.  
3: Have you ever made funeral arrangements? Twice this years. 
4: Burial, cremation, crypt - what is your preference? Being cremated is my last chance for a smoking hot body. 
5: Have you ever been visited by the dearly departed? When I say something that sounds like my mother, or my father, or my late mother in law, I refer to it as channeling. 

8 comments:

  1. 1: no
    2: no - ew!
    3: no
    4: cremation
    5: yes

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: Have you ever been the first to find the body? I was sitting with my mother when she died, but my dad is the one who realized she'd gone.

    2: Are you comfortable touching a dead person? I kissed my mom a couple of times after she passed.

    3: Have you ever made funeral arrangements? Nope; luckily, in a way, everyone I love is anti-funeral, so there have never been burials, just cremations.

    4: Burial, cremation, crypt - what is your preference? Oops, gave it away; cremation.

    5: Have you ever been visited by the dearly departed - other than at a Disney park? Yes. When Carlos and I were looking at houses I walked into the one we ended up buying; it was empty, but as I stood in the foyer, I glanced through the living room, into the kitchen, and could see my mom sitting at a table looking into the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Professionally, many times - I was a nurse for 34 years.
    Otherwise, I was with my mum when she died.
    2. Well yes, being a nurse. But I was also comfortable kissing both my mum and my dad goodbye.
    3. Yes.
    4. Burial. In the cheapest cardboard coffin they have. And NO service of any kind.
    5. Not really, unless you count lots of dreams that have featured my mum over the years (she died in 1982). The dreams have tailed off recently though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: Have you ever been the first to find the body? yes, while working in hospital .
    2: Are you comfortable touching a dead person? Yes, thanks to medical training.
    3: Have you ever made funeral arrangements? no
    4: Burial, cremation, crypt - what is your preference? cremation
    5: Have you ever been visited by the dearly departed - other than at a Disney park? No. I think this would be unsettling but I it would depend what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all questions. Burial.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) When working in the hospital and finding dead patients yes, a loved one no.
    2) Yes, I've touched many when working in healthcare. I touched dad in his coffin before his cremation.
    3) Yes
    4) Cremation please as I'm claustrophobic and the thought of being buried gives me bad anxiety.
    5) Why yes I have. It was vivid, real, reassuring an unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete