Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Slow Drive


One afternoon recently I was planning to attend a reception at the Gaylord National Hotel, at National Harbor.  According to the google map above, it is 4.2 miles from home to the hotel.  If I lived in the on the east side of one of the building on that side of the Condominium I could see the hotel from my terrace (I have a view of a parking lot!)  

The reception ran from 5:30 to 6:30 PM.  I left home at about 4:55 PM.  I figured 30 minutes would be enough time.  Boy was I wrong.  At 5:30 I had made it as far as Fort Hunt Road, in 35 minutes I had traveled less than 1.5 miles.  Even if I was driving the Lamborghini in the picture above, I still was not going to make it on time.  I turned right at Ft. Hunt Road and went home, it took me about 5 minutes to get home.  There are reasons I don't normally drive around here on weekdays. 

Have you ever given up on traffic and gone home?  

6 comments:

  1. should have left your house at 3p. DC traffic sucks moose nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine the poor folks who sit through this every day!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why just like it is portrayed in La La Land, out here we all get out of our cars to do a quick song n dance number until the traffic starts moving. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to giggle a bit....I've given up before I left the house. Many years ago, when I lived in Los Angeles (before the light rail/subway system), at 10:00AM on a Sunday morning I decided and undecided to go to LACMA (LA County Museum of Art). Travel time 30 minutes, hunting and parking 30 minutes, by then it will be lunch time, add 30-45 minutes, see the exhibit 2 hours, return trip 45-minutes/1 hour (Sunday afternoon, beach traffic), add a 1 hour contingency for dinner out if the drive became too irritating. I stayed home that Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete