Thursday, April 20, 2017

What do I need more of in my life?


I live a pretty good life, I like where I live, I am reasonably well paid, I eat what ever I want, and I travel a comfortable amount.  And yet somethings are missing. I got to thinking "what do I need more of in my life?"  Here are a few rambling thoughts. 

I need to listen to people talk about things that I know nothing about.  I have reached the point in life where "been there - done that," covers most things. When I listen to others I am more validating what I think I already know, than I am exploring new ideas.  I need knew ideas, new experiences in my life.  

I need to spend time with people who are different than I am. I find myself with hardening of the attitudes about people who are different, the best solution is getting to know people whose life experience is different than mine. If I understand their point of view, I don't have to agree with it, but it is easier to tolerate difference, when I understand it. 

I need to spend more time thinking and being creative.  I get so busy, that I am doing, not thinking.  

What do you need more of in your life? 

9 comments:

  1. silence, knitting time, music, books, time spent with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/20/2017

    Thinking time.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I not quite sure , but I definitely don't need more gin or sex. I personally think Id like to visit museums more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "what do I need more of in my life?" ME, you silly goose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fair and good question - worth a blog entry. I will get working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete