Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday Five Questions on Trump's first 100 Days in Office


Traditionally the first 100 Days a new President is in office is called the honeymoon.  The new administration is getting into place, learning their way around, the new Congress (with many of the same faces) is getting settled in and at times they have been nice to one another. In theory this should really be an easy time when the same political party is in charge of the Executive branch and Congress.  But, not always.  Not when there is deep division within the party, or when the new administration lacks a real plan.  

So Trump's first 100 days are over, what do you think? 

1: Trump promised to "drain the swamp in DC," do you think it is dryer or wetter in DC? 

2: Were you surprised when Trump didn't really have a plan fix the health care system in the United States and assure that EVERY American had better coverage for lower prices?  

3: One "success" in the first 100 days, and yes I know the Senate broke changed it's own rules to confirm him, was Judge Neil Gorsuch joining the Supreme Court.  Do you have hope that Gorsuch will be impartial? 

4: Who is your least favorite Presidential adviser? 

5: Do you think will last through his first term in office? 

My Answers: 
1: Trump promised to "drain the swamp in DC," do you think it is dryer or wetter in DC? 

I am astounded at the lack of understanding of conflict of interest, the ethics of this administration are bizarre, the Senate fucked with the rules to get the outcome they wanted on Judge Gorsuch, after nearly a year of refusing to even grant a hearing on a Supreme Court nominee.  The swamp is very much worse.  I am deeply disappointed, there was an opportunity for real change, but I am not surprised.  


2: Were you surprised when Trump didn't really have a plan fix the health care system in the United States and assure that EVERY American had better coverage for lower prices?  

I knew he didn't have the political capital to deliver what he promised, and I don' think he really had a clue how complex the issues are.  

3: One "success" in the first 100 days, and yes I know the Senate broke changed it's own rules to confirm him, was Judge Neil Gorsuch joining the Supreme Court.  Do you have hope that Gorsuch will be impartial? 

I listened to a couple of hours of the confirmation hearings and I am optimistic. His personal views are more conservative than I would like, but I truly think he will be a good judge.  

4: Who is your least favorite Presidential adviser? 

Without a doubt, Kelly Anne Conway - simply put she is the queen of alternative facts, she overtly promoted the President's daughter business on national television and failed to see that she did anything wrong. She is a bright and well educated woman, her acts are not stupidity, the acts are evil and self interest.   

5: Do you think will last through his first term in office? 

I don't think that he will.  He loves to win, and this is the toughest game he has ever played, and one he is ill prepared for, it would not surprise me if he went back to New York and said, send me what needs to be signed - I am done.  Maybe he stopped coloring his hair and tanning after winning, but he looks worse than he did when he was elected.  I think the demands of the job are taking a toll on his health (despite spending ever other weekend on the golf course in Florida.)  He has surrounded himself with people who don't understand the concept of ethics - he needs to be careful or they will take him down with them - and frankly we really don't need the distraction of an impeachment (or do we?) 

13 comments:

  1. 1: wetter
    2: HELL NO!
    3: HELL NO!
    4: ivankatakeadump
    5: HELL NO! IMPEACH NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I add my answers, I'm pretty sure I won't cop a mouthful of abuse from you as I did the last time I dared to criticize the Dump (thanks Anne Marie) on someone's blog because I'm not American. Well, as events with North Korea are showing, the Dump's actions may well have a catastrophic effect on Australia.

    Anyway, here are my answers, and I know you are way too much of a gentleman to abuse anybody ever anyway.

    1. Wetter, and murkier.
    2. Not really
    3. Not really
    4. That tart who was photographed sitting on her feet in the Oval Office with her legs wide apart, in front of a bunch of foreign dignitaries. Not a good look, Kelly Anne. But I suppose playing with her phone was more important than even pretending to be civilized.
    5. Oh Christ, I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome here - we are one interconnected world

      Delete
    2. g'day, rozzie! what affects one of us affects us all.

      Delete
  3. My answer to these is a simple one..... fuck no to them hell.

    But #4- they all suck balls... but Kelly or Besty de Vos is the bottom of the rottenest bucket of swill water with all the worst poisons in it.

    He may get impeached. But will he leave? I believe when Bill Clinton got impeached he still was there and finished his terms didn't he? So this will be the same. And if he does get impeached and won't leave, then he is such a poor loser, he may just push the button out of spite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small clarification. People, including media folk, misuse the word impeach all the time. Impeach means merely to indict. The House votes to formally accuse a federal official, including the president, of the proverbial high crimes and misdemeanors. The Senate must then try the case and find the office holder guilty or not guilty; if found guilty, s/he is removed from office as a result. Clinton was indicted but not found guilty by the required majority, so he remained in office.

      Delete
  4. 1: Trump promised to "drain the swamp in DC," do you think it is dryer or wetter in DC?
    He not only DIDN'T drain it, he picked his cabinet from it. That was the first of his promises he broke, though I wasn't the least bit surprised.

    2: Were you surprised when Trump didn't really have a plan fix the health care system in the United States and assure that EVERY American had better coverage for lower prices?
    No, I wasn't because he never had a plan for anything; it was just words: it'll be better! It'll be great!! It'll get rd of the ACA!!! Not one word about how r what.

    3: One "success" in the first 100 days, and yes I know the Senate broke changed it's own rules to confirm him, was Judge Neil Gorsuch joining the Supreme Court. Do you have hope that Gorsuch will be impartial?
    That was not a success at all; that was tribal hypocritical politics from the GOP. It was a sad day in this country when the GOP changed the rules so they could win. Gorsuch will be a disgrace, as he already has been in his Arkansas death penalty vote.

    4: Who is your least favorite Presidential adviser? Conway and her Alternative Facts and the Bowling Green Massacre. Spicer and his Hitler wasn't so bad. Bannon and his anti-supremacist attitudes. Jared Complicit Kushner for having all that power and not an iota of experience. And Ivanka Complicit _____ for being a Stepford Lapdog.

    5: Do you think will last through his first term in office?
    I would hope not; I wanna see him leave in disgrace, taking all those criminals with him, and then watch him try and spin it that he never really wanted to job. I want him erase from our memories.
    Too much? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew this one would draw some strong comments.

      Delete
    2. He is quite polarizing.

      Delete
  5. This one is too painful to do - and predictable.

    ReplyDelete

  6. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete