Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve Five Questions


I normally play five questions on Sunday, with the holiday falling on Sunday, I am doing five questions on Saturday this week, my little Christmas gift to my readers. 

1: Do you believe in Santa? 
2: Do you go to church at Christmas? 
3: Did you send cards this year? 
4: Do you buy gifts for everyone, or just a select few?
5: Which would you prefer to receive clothes or gift cards? 

My answers: 
1: Do you believe in Santa? Santa is the spirit of kindness, sharing and giving - yes I do believe that spirit is alive and well in many of us.
 

2: Do you go to church at Christmas? No, I am not a practitioner of any organized (or disorganized) religion. 

3: Did you send cards this year? No, sorry - thanks to AM, and JV for the lovely cards. 

4: Do you buy gifts for everyone, or just a select few?  Very few. 

5: Which would you prefer to receive clothes or gift cards?   Easy for me, gift cards, I am very fussy about clothes for someone who dresses like a slob most of the time.  I am very hard to buy clothes for.  





8 comments:

  1. 1: no
    2: HELL NO
    3: yes
    4: spouse and cats
    5: gift cards or cash preferred

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas Eve, it still very magical to me. And your tree is gorgeous!!! Ok.....1- yes I do, and for the same reasons as you basically. 2- we haven't gone in years, nor my I religious, but when we did go, it was the midnight candlelight service, and sang mostly carols'.....it was so beautiful. 3- I sent cards. But generally to meet I rarely see during the year and special people. 4- very select gifts, maybe 4 gifts tops. 5- I generally don't receive gift cards, but last year in my stocking my mother gave me one to the liquor store. It was the best happy I ever received!!!! 🎄🎄🎄 A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours dear Penguin 🎀🎀🎀

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1-YES Santa is the child-like wonder is so few people nowadays.
    2-NO I'm a fan of God, just not of his fan clubs.
    3-YES But given Hubs accident I've sent very few.
    4-I buy for my 3 kids and Hubs(just a little for him)and the Daughter's BF since he is living with us, and gifts for my Grand dog. lolz I am known to send randomly surprise gifts to friends(just little ones). I am a gifter who LOVES the Christmas Season! I tend to go overboard but I am frugal so I work at not spending tons of $$$.
    5-Nobody buys me clothing as gifts. It's near to impossible to find stuff that fits well "off the rack". I sew some of my own clothes and alter what I don't make. I prefer gift cards, cash or certificates for experiences. Or even better, something handmade but nobody seems to do that anymore. More's the pity....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Christmas David👍😆

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Yes, Santa is Magic and magic is everywhere.
    2) No
    3) No cards sent this year
    4) Gifts for very few
    5) Clothes, if I don't like them I return/exchange. I loose gift cards into the drawer of oblivion never ever to be seen again, the giver might as well flush their money down the toilet. Hell I still have several unused gift cards to Blockbuster.

    May your Christmas be filled with laughter, love, light and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1: Do you believe in Santa? And the Krampus
    2: Do you go to church at Christmas? Yes, I am taking the parents tonight to candlelight service
    3: Did you send cards this year? every year I say I will but don't
    4: Do you buy gifts for everyone, or just a select few? In our house we draw names. I got SIL #3. We all buy prizes for the niblings.
    5: Which would you prefer to receive clothes or gift cards? clothes. I don't care for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried to post earlier and it didn't appear so giving it another go.
    1. Of course, I've sat on his knee!
    2. No I'm not religious but I may watch Carols From Kings tonight as I like carols.
    3. I did. I'm fussy about my cards do pick a picture I like and have them printed.
    4. A select few. My mother Cruella says if she can't wear it or eat it she isn't interested. It's one of her few rules I agree with.
    5. It's the thought that counts.
    Have a great Christmas.
    JP x

    ReplyDelete
  8. something handmade but nobody seems to do that anymore. More's the pity....


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete