Saturday, December 03, 2016

A Job I Would Probably Not Be Good At,


This it the flavor and tasting lab at Wild Turkey.  Adults are paid to sit in this room and smell and taste bourbon samples everyday.  While I work in a certified drug and alcohol free work place, these people get paid to drink on the job.  In this day they have two goals. First is to assure that the blended bourbons maintain a consistent flavor, aroma and color from batch to batch, and when the batch size is sometimes in excess of 1,000 barrels, that is an exacting task. This produces the lowest quality bourbon sold by the distillery and probably takes the most precise skill set.  The second goal is to select the finest of the fine to be offered as single barrel releases.  That I could probably due, if the world had my taste.  

For the most part they sniff, taste, spit, and look at the color.  There are cabinets in the room with examples to be matched for profile of color, flavor and aroma. I don't know as I would be very good at tasting and not drinking the best of the best.  Still it might be fun to try. 

What job would you find fun, but probably not be very good at?  

6 comments:

  1. personal shopper/organizer; too many demanding bitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little known fact, but I do like my whiskey in the winter and like to take a tibble before bed for sleep and warmth. So this job, or that of a gin distillery would be right up my alley. I would not be good at a computer job, or desk job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answer of your question. A Hull City supporter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate taster!!! No, wait, I'd be really good at that!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Dr. Spo is thinking about a career change, this sounds like an ideal option for him. You know what job I would really be good at and enjoy? Examining men's briefs, how they wear on models. Oh yes.

    ReplyDelete