Saturday, September 10, 2016

Learning Patience

Recently I was coming back from the grocery store one Sunday, I live in a high-rise and park outside, so I was pulling my shopping cart in through the garage to the elevator.  I came up behind a neighbor of mine, walking with a walker.  I slowed down and followed.  When we got to the door, I said, go ahead, I can wait.  When it came time to get in the elevator, he tried to waive me in front of me, and I said, no you go ahead, I can wait.  I told him, "I spent a month using a walker, I can wait." 

I have walked a mile in his shoes.  Spend a month using a walker, and you develop an understanding and patience.  

4 comments:

  1. RAMEN, bro! and look at you go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    Oh how well do I know! I was one of those people who sometimes was impatient when someone on a walker was slowing me down. But last year, when I was on my own walker (which I still have up in the attic), I learned PATIENCE. That was one good thing that came out of my injury. Just about every week now I encounter someone who is struggling to walk. I always wait for them, always. And I don't mind.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little bunny!

    ReplyDelete