Thursday, August 27, 2015

How do I find my expiration date?

This picture, is about as old as I am in my minds eye.  How can I be old enough to have pictures that are 25 year's old?  And I was no spring chicken when this was taken 25 years ago.  John Major was in residence down the street that year.  This was my first trip to England in 1990.  

A lot has changed in 25 years, much of it for the better.  Where will I be and what will I be doing 25 years from now? Well at 82 I will be old, or decomposing. If I am still up for the adventure 82 could be fun, but I really don't have a problem with decomposing at that age.  In the words of the modern bard Jimmy Buffet, "I'd rather die while I am living, then live when I am dead."  People really should come with an expiration date, I am likely past my "best by" date.

3 comments:

  1. nope, your "best by" days are yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May this next year be your best one yet !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't trust sell-by dates. If something looks good and doesn't smell bad, it's ok.
    Perhaps the same thing goes for people!

    ReplyDelete