Friday, March 13, 2015

Going Places


I am in the lull between trips.  Time to recharge, plan and plot where to next.  The end of January, first of February was a marathon of airline flights and hotels.  My next venture is in a couple of months and starts with a conference in Austin, Texas.  I hope I have a better experience in Austin this trip then I did the first time.  The first trip was plagued by unreliable service at the hotel, trouble with the electronic lock on the hotel room door that required twice daily trips to the front desk, inedible and overpriced food (except for the hole in the wall BBQ place) and really the only things around were noisy bars full of music that was not to my taste.  From there I go to Orlando for a conference and a few days visit with my family.  Sometime over the summer we need to make a trip to Cleveland to see the brother's in law.  Then later in the summer we are going to Europe for a couple of weeks.  I am flying to Frankfort, via Detroit (Delta Frequent Flyer Miles.)  From there I will take a train to Stuttgart and meet Jay, who will have been in England for the week before for a conference.  We are planning a couple of weeks in southern Germany with brief forays into Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg and Lichtenstein. We fly back from Munich, with a 25 hour stop over in Iceland.  I am home about a week and I will be off to Portland, Oregon for a few days for a meeting.  That will be out on a Wednesday and back on Saturday or Sunday (likely an overnight return.)  By the time I am done this year I will have been the solar equivalent of half way around the world, I will have been in 12 time zones. Sometime in the fall, we will likely make a driving trip to Florida to see my family again.

Lots of places to go, lots of things to do.


7 comments:

  1. will these trips add to your state country totals in your profile description?
    I have seen pix of iceland; beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now been to 48 states, I am missing Idaho and Wyoming. I will add five countries this summer.

      Delete
  2. Whats the longest you have sent at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never thought about it, in the past 10 years, probably 4-5 months. Travel tends to run in cycles.

      Delete
  3. Cool! But busy! I've got a lot on my plate, but unless I squeeze in a trip to England, it'll all be close in.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flying, leaving again in a couple days. I racked up about 65,000 miles last year, all domestic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see switzerland.

    ReplyDelete