Saturday, February 14, 2015

Willett


Good Stuff,
A rarity in the collection, Willett's single barrel.  The contents are as impressive as eh packaging.  This is well finished, nicely matured, very smooth. The taste is slightly sweet, a background of cherry,  with just a hint of wood.  Very sip-able.  The first time I tried this, I thought it was all packaging and marketing, but I was wrong.  This is a very high quality single barrel, distilled in pot stills.  I suspect that wheat is the secondary grain, it does not have the bite of a secondary rye.  Well worth adding to your collection. 



3 comments:

  1. I bet dr. spo will be drooling over this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding!
    This is on my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my way! Maybe we can get snowed in Monday night!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete