Monday, September 22, 2014

Better then the Raccoon

Nice weekend, I slept, did some grocery shopping, went to the farmers market, did laundry and a little housekeeping.  I didn't win the Power-ball lottery - no one did.  Weekends give me time to read more blogs.  I have my daily list of a dozen or so blogs that I read everyday or almost everyday.  Three or four get comments on a daily basis, others get occasional comments.  On weekends, I bring up the legacy web browser and read and expanded list of blogs including 4 or 5 more ex-pats living in Europe, a couple of food blogs and several gay bloggers.  I enjoy the expanded list, but time is limited on work days.  Sleep, eating well and getting a little exercise each day have to take priority.  Take care of yourself, or you won't be able to care for others.

The a colleague stopped by my office this morning to comment on a sticker taped to my office window "Work is the new retirement."  She is retired military, gone back to work.  We discussed how work is a central part of our identity.  Her husband is trying to adjust to life after 30+ years in the military. It is difficult not having the structure of work after a lifetime of doing so. I can't imagine not working. She also admired the two paintings in my office - she knows how to get on my good side.

Oh, the raccoon, he was decomposing in the middle of the road to the metro this morning, we are all probably having a better day then the raccoon.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/22/2014

    I try to hit my "main blogs" daily. Sometimes I get busy and wind up feeling guilty!

    I know so many people who are retired military and still work (or worked until a 2nd or 3rd retirement). When (if) I retire, I intend to work as a photographer. Full time.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't imagine not working" - neither can I; I would be bored to death and besides I can't afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work is the new retirement - what an appalling thought. Alas, I sense it all too true for most of us. I know it will be for me.

    ReplyDelete