Friday, July 18, 2014

Strawberry pie

I still have a pastry phobia. I am trying to overcome it by exposure.  In other words to get over it by making pastry until I feel comfortable. Hubby went shopping yesterday and brought home a huge box of tasty strawberries.  So I made a strawberry pie.  A basic butter pastry,  one quarter pound of butter,  tablespoon of sugar, pinch of salt, 1.25 cups of flour. Buzz it in the food processor.  Add a couple of tablespoons of cold water and roll it out.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  For the glaze,  clean and chop about a cup of strawberries,  add half a cup of sugar, half a cup of rum, and a couple of tablespoons of corn starch. Cook over medium heat. Clean and half another 2 cups of strawberries and toss with powdered sugar. Chill the glaze and the pie shell. Mix the fresh strawberries in the glaze and fill the pie shell.

3 comments:

  1. looks dee-lish! (holds out her plate for a slice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lurid but I bet tastes fantastic
    I am generally not a fan of American puds
    They seem too sweet for my taste

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume there was some whip cream for garnish? Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete