Sunday, March 19, 2006

San Diego Dreaming


The “Travel Channel” had a feature about San Diego on this morning and I was thinking about my visit there. We trekked around the city for a few days visiting the downtown area, the gaslight district, the zoo, a couple of wonderful parks, a great airplane museum, we took the ferry to Coronado Island (were this picture was taken with downtown San Diego across the bay) and took the street car down and walked across the boarder into Mexico. I never really understood why people are willing to take such risks to sneak into the United States from Mexico, until I spent a few hours looking at Tijuana and the surrounding area. We stayed in a wonderful hotel on the Bay in San Diego overlooking the yacht club. We were on the 27th floor and could see clear out over Coronado Island to the Pacific Ocean. I can’t wait to go back.

Travel

2 comments:

  1. I was just in San Diego this last January. We spent time at the Hyatt in La Jolla. An old rafting buddy lives in Coronada now. Did you see any Flat Tops while you were there(Aircraft Carriers)? I did get to see the Navy Seals practicing down in the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/20/2006

    Yes, we took a boat tour around the bay and went past the John Stennis. Big... very big. I think we'll be headed back there in January.

    ReplyDelete